Project Name: Construction of an additional sportsfield within the Myimbarr Sporting Complex
Project Address: Myimbarr Community Park, Wattle Road Shellharbour.
The Open Space and Recreational Needs Strategy was adopted by Shellharbour Council in 2020 and identified significant growth in demand for football/soccer fields across NSW.
When the Myimbarr Sporting Complex was delivered by Landcom back in 2005, the design of the facility included the future provision of an additional football/soccer field at the northern end of the site. This proposed field was not completed at the time due to ongoing conversations as to the final purpose/user of the field.
Local membership numbers are increasing in both female and junior participants across the LGA which is putting pressure on existing facilities. Council has concluded that this final field at Myimbarr will now be formalised.
- Irrigation and drainage
- Provisions for stage two electrical upgrades and lighting
- Sports field (Multi-use Soccer and Rugby League) and goals
- Ancillary items such as dugouts, fencing, and access gates.
Stage two:Council has been successful in acquiring further funding through Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program to help deliver Stage 2 straight after Stage 1.
- Upgrades to existing electrical components
- Sports field lighting
- Tiered seating
- Extended fence behind northern goals
- Additional water tank for irrigation