Customer feedback plays a critical role in Council's commitment to delivering high performing and sustainable outcomes for the community.
People that live, work & play in Shellharbour City have the ability to create significant change throughout all aspects of how the City is shaped.
Council continually seeks new ways to strengthen community relationships and have developed a new video series that explores Council's process of what happens after receiving customer feedback.This first video takes a look at what's been happening in the arts & creative initiatives space.
Your feedback matters
Council engages with the Community, Customers and Stakeholders in many different ways and constantly seeks new ways to connect and gather feedback. The purpose of our engagement is to:
- improve decision making
- improve relationships with our community
- increase participation amongst the community in the activities and decision making processes of Council
- enable the community to work together on issues that matter to them
- build on the community’s understanding of the Council’s role and responsibilities as well as our financial and legislative requirements.
- provide engagement opportunities that are inclusive and accessible.
In November 2019 Council engaged IRIS to conduct the biennial community satisfaction survey. IRIS is an independent research company, as part of this research called 600 residents to gather responses from a cross-section of our community's demographics. As well as these responses a further 246 online surveys were received.
The questions in both the phone and online survey rated the community’s satisfaction with a range of Council services, including customer service, playgrounds, roads, Councillors, and much more.