Thank you for your feedback and ideas, they will used to influence the next stage of the project developing the concept design. We will get back to you when these designs are available.
The Reddall Reserve Kiosk was identified as a key improvement area in the Master plan. This upgrade will improve the offering to the Reserve, and create a building that is more sensitive and integrated to the unique setting.
The current zoning only permits a kiosk level facility, the improved kiosk would encourage activation as a ‘draw-card’ to the northern area of the park.
The existing location was found to be the most suitable in the Reserve due to proximity to existing parking and footpaths. It is setback from the foreshore and offers beautiful views to Lake Illawarra and Windang Island.
Current Kiosk Design
A redesign of the kiosk will consider the following:
- Community and stakeholder feedback.
- Designing a structure that is open and inviting to the Reserve.
- Provides indoor and outdoor ( sheltered ) seating.
- Aimed at providing an service to all users of the Reserve.
- Co-location of public toilets.
- Co-location of an informal play area to activate the area.