Recent inspections have found that the playground at Stewart Park, Barrack Heights has reached the end of its useful life, leading to its recent removal.
Council has proposed to install a swing set as part of our commitment to provide play equipment within a 5-10 minute walk from residents' homes. Further renewal of this playspace will be considered through a future Play Strategy.
Before we make any final decisions about the swing, Council would like to hear from residents who live within 400m of Stewart Park on their preferred option.
4 options are available
- Install a swing set at Stewart Park in the same area as the removed playground.
- Install a swing set at Stewart Park closer to the road on Stewart Place so that people can see it better from the street.
- Do not install a swing set at Stewart Park, leaving only grass.
- Install a swing set in another nearby park instead;
- Brisbane Park, Brisbane Place, Barrack Heights
- Wattle Reserve, Wattle Road, Barrack Heights
- Loftus Park, Loftus Drive, Barrack Heights